Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Artist at 48?

The handsome Winston
Portait finished
Such a joy to paint!


        I found a quote that sort of sums up the answer to the question that a lot of people
have been asking me as why I waited so long to start my art career.

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."  Unknown

      See, when I was in school the idea of being an artist was not exactly encouraged.
Even though I showed interest at a young age. ( Won my first art competition at 6. )
Took every art class available and then some in high school. The options given me was art 
teacher, knew that was not for me, or as was suggested interior design, so I took interior in college.
The first year was heaven as the degree was fine art -interior design. So my entire first year,
all art classes.  So graduated , went to work as a designer, Started my own business and 
was very busy.  Continued to draw and paint when I had time, even took a few more classes
and day dreamed about having my own art studio and people enjoying my art.

     So now to 47, Lilly comes into my life and I start painting her. I have always been crazy about
dogs. People are encouraging , especially my husband Rock, who has always told me I was an
artist and has always told people that I was and artist. So at 48, I start to see myself differently, 
and that maybe I can have my dream.  The mind shift to believing and then doing has made all
the difference.  So now at 48, feeling that I am exactly who I was always supposed to be 
and doing what I feel I was always meant to do. 

     So nothing is holding me back, and who am I?  

     An Artist.




No comments:

Post a Comment