Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Confidence

Painting in progress.
Third start.


   I'm sure that every artist has this issue one time or another, or all the time. 
 The feeling that what you are doing is not good enough, not perfect. I know
 beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say and that not everyone likes the same things, 
 we are all individuals with our own sense of what is appealing to us.

    As an artist who does commissioned work, I so much want the person who has asked 
 me to painted their loved dog to be pleased with the painting, to feel that I captured their dog
 the way that they see them.

  Sometimes the paintings come easy, sometimes they are a struggle, but I must remember that
 the struggle often teaches us by the mistakes that we make.  Also I must remember
 that as an artist, I also need to be true to how I do things, my vision of how I see the painting 
 and sometimes the imperfections are part of it.

    So I think that the battle to have confidence is one that I need to work through and will be 
 an on going process for me.

    


No comments:

Post a Comment